Things I’m excited for
1. Girl’s weekend with my old coworkers! This is us this last weekend at Halloween:
2. The reopening of my pottery studio! After a month of renovations (and my own personal summer hiatus) the studio is reopening!
3. Being finished with my holiday sections at work. This means I can stop stressing about the holidays and start to enjoy them (whenever I choose to start planning. Which is NOT the day after Halloween).
Project goals and updates
1. Pottery! Now that the studio is open again, it’s time to start getting so dirt under my fingernails. And by dirt I mean clay. And glaze.
2. My wedding photo album is done! I gave myself a goal of finishing it by the time we had our 1 year anniversary, and I finished it with a week to spare (never mind that I only started it with three weeks to spare…)
3. My Ireland scrapbook is well underway. It’s been so much fun revisiting the photos and memories from that trip.
4. Bonus – I’ve started needle felting! So far I’ve made a cat toy and a few parts for a necklace. All simple but all very fun.
1. Orange and cinnamon spice tea.
2. This vegan chili cheese dip. It was a hit at our Halloween party this weekend!
3. Sitting on the couch devouring book.
Which brings me to the bonus category this week:
What I’m reading (and have recently read)
1. Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. A heartwrenchingly honest memoir about the first year after her husband’s death. (read)
2. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. The first of a three-part series, I devoured this book in one day. A wonderful story aided by fantastical black and white photos. (read)
3. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I had really high expectations of this book but was severely disappointed with the first section. It read like a super simple and cheesy self-help book. However, the second section picked up, so I will reserve final judgement until finished. (currently reading)