Packing for travel is totally different than packing for your trip. I don’t need two pairs of jeans on the plane, but I definitely need at least two books. See, totally different!
What you pack for your car/bus/train/plane ride will depend on what kind of entertainment you like. Personally, I love reading and doing crosswords. And yes, I have been called an old soul, thank you very much!
Here is a little list of what I’ll pack, along with what I wear, when it’s travel day.
- Shoes that can slip off easily (for quicker security checks)
- Jacket or sweatshirt (because it’s always freezing once your plane hits altitude)
- Scarf. I always plan my travel outfit around a scarf so I can use it as a makeshift eye mask/blanket
- Empty water bottle. You can’t bring liquids through security, but once you’re through, you can fill up with water all you like.
- Gum. My ears have problems with planes. Gum helps.
- Chapstick. Cause planes dry everything out. (Some people recommend bringing a little spray bottle to spritz your face with water while you fly. That’s a bit too intense for me, but you may love it!)
- Books/Nook. I’m generally a hard copy book person, but on longer flights, I tend to opt for my Nook since I know I’ll go through a few books. Ah, who am I kidding, I totally still bring books!
- Fully-charged iPod and headphones. There’s nothing worse than wanting to drown out the noises of a plane only to find out you’re out of battery.
I also take any important electronics with me on the plane, such as my camera or a computer. It gets cold in the baggage area, and I never want to take any chances with technology.
Alright, what am I missing you guys?