I’ve been really excited about doing this post since I first stumbled across it on Bourbon City Goods. Every week, I’ll share three (or so) updates in three categories: Things I’m Excited About, Project Goals and Updates, and Current Obsessions.
I like the idea of doing this not only to share bits and pieces of my life with you but also to focus on specific project goals. Living in a post-house-moving world, there is a seemingly endless list of projects to complete. By writing them down here, I’ll (hopefully) start to prioritize them and chip away at that list.
Without further adieu, here is this week’s Life Snapshot!
Things I’m excited about
1. Shelves in my craft room! Sounds lame to you, but to me it’s the start of a creative floodgate opening. Also, watch this space for my craft room transformation. (PS, thanks Mom for all your help this weekend!)
2. Anna and Ryan are coming this weekend! I haven’t seen these two crazy clowns since Keith and I got married in October, so a reunion is LONG overdue.
3. Another friend will be moving to Rochester in June, and not only is she moving to the same town as me, she’s moving LESS THAN A MILE AWAY! She’s a powerhouse artist, creator and overall inspirational gal, so I’m pretty excited to be closer, to say the least.
1. Organize pantry closet. After my epic battle with two stripped screws (Allison: 2, screws: 0), I managed to insert a shelving unit into our pantry closet. Now it’s time to fill it up and get ‘er organized!
2. Put away at least one shelf worth of boxes in the craft room. The name of the game is organization, folks.
3. Pick back up with my A Beautiful Mess photography course. I have a really great idea for my current theme, Where I Live, but things have been really hectic here. Time for me to make this a priority and get back on my photo game.
1. Watercolor paint! I’m talking straight-up Crayola 8-pack from the first grade. After falling in love with abstract watercolor designs, I said screw it to the inner voice that said I’m not an artist and I picked some up last week. Let me tell you, it’s freeing! Watercolors are my new thing.
2. Ink and stamps. Picked up some of these last week as well (found a killer sale at Michael’s) and have been practicing for when I get my scrapbook supplies (also from A Beautiful Mess. What can I say, they’re so inspirational!).
That’s all I’ve got for now. Keep it classy San Diego. Name that film!