The times they are a-changin. Well, not all the times, just my blog! What do you think of the new layout? I’m still working on tweaking the old posts so they look nice here, but from now on things should start to look a lot better!
Welcome to this week’s edition of my Life Snapshot!
Things I’m excited about
1. Tasting Meditation at the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center Tuesday. Meditation is something I’ve long wanted to try and this intro course is being taught by my (current) favorite yoga teacher. She always has really wonderful yogi insights.
2. I’m hosting my first bachelorette party on Friday! I’m so excited to share a fun evening with a dear friend who I couldn’t be more excited for.
3. The beautiful weather!
4. Getting the fabric for my living room curtains at a major discount at JoAnns. Score!
1. Finish putting away boxes in the craft room so I can paint my chalkboard wall. That way I can start hanging photos there. These all kind of go hand-in-hand.
2. Work on PhotoShop skills. I’ve gotten back on track with my photography course so now it’s time to start the editing process so I can start printing photos. Which brings me to my next goal…
3. Print the photos for my “first year of marriage” scrapbook!
1. French provincial couches. I’m on the hunt for the perfect one for our living room. I love this one featured in Style Me Pretty.
2. Sufjan Stevens’ album “Carrie & Lowell.” Listen. Love. Repeat.
That’s all for this week’s snapshot! Stay tuned, I’m hoping to have a few extra posts in the next few days.
I’ve been really excited about doing this post since I first stumbled across it on Bourbon City Goods. Every week, I’ll share three (or so) updates in three categories: Things I’m Excited About, Project Goals and Updates, and Current Obsessions.
I like the idea of doing this not only to share bits and pieces of my life with you but also to focus on specific project goals. Living in a post-house-moving world, there is a seemingly endless list of projects to complete. By writing them down here, I’ll (hopefully) start to prioritize them and chip away at that list.
Without further adieu, here is this week’s Life Snapshot!
Things I’m excited about
1. Shelves in my craft room! Sounds lame to you, but to me it’s the start of a creative floodgate opening. Also, watch this space for my craft room transformation. (PS, thanks Mom for all your help this weekend!)
2. Anna and Ryan are coming this weekend! I haven’t seen these two crazy clowns since Keith and I got married in October, so a reunion is LONG overdue.
3. Another friend will be moving to Rochester in June, and not only is she moving to the same town as me, she’s moving LESS THAN A MILE AWAY! She’s a powerhouse artist, creator and overall inspirational gal, so I’m pretty excited to be closer, to say the least.
1. Organize pantry closet. After my epic battle with two stripped screws (Allison: 2, screws: 0), I managed to insert a shelving unit into our pantry closet. Now it’s time to fill it up and get ‘er organized!
2. Put away at least one shelf worth of boxes in the craft room. The name of the game is organization, folks.
3. Pick back up with my A Beautiful Mess photography course. I have a really great idea for my current theme, Where I Live, but things have been really hectic here. Time for me to make this a priority and get back on my photo game.
1. Watercolor paint! I’m talking straight-up Crayola 8-pack from the first grade. After falling in love with abstract watercolor designs, I said screw it to the inner voice that said I’m not an artist and I picked some up last week. Let me tell you, it’s freeing! Watercolors are my new thing.
2. Ink and stamps. Picked up some of these last week as well (found a killer sale at Michael’s) and have been practicing for when I get my scrapbook supplies (also from A Beautiful Mess. What can I say, they’re so inspirational!).
That’s all I’ve got for now. Keep it classy San Diego. Name that film!
I’m still plugging away at my photography class from A Beautiful Mess. While I haven’t had much time due to moving, I have managed to sneak in a few assignments here and there. Here are some of my favorite shots from recent weeks. And no, Sylvia wasn’t supposed to be in the first shot, she just decided she was really interested in my photography 😉
|Sylvia helping with “What’s in Your Purse”|
|What’s in Your Purse|
|Piece of Me|
With a trip to Ireland coming up this fall, I really want to hone in on my photography. I can’t find my photos from my time abroad (my old computer crashed and I think they ended up on my mom’s hard drive, so I should go look for them) so it’s really important that on this trip, I get some really quality images that truly capture not only our adventure, but the country, the towns and the people. Definitely not a small task!
If you see things in my photos where you think I could improve, please let me know! I’m still working on getting to know my camera more intimately and while I have a pretty good knowledge of working in manual, I still have a long way to go.
I just wanted to reassure you that I’m still here and I haven’t forgotten about the blog! On the contrary, I’ve been thinking about what to write every day, but besides being on deadline at work, Keith and I are still in the middle of moving into our new home, so time is a little crunched.
That’s us after a long day of painting (thanks to Mom and Tyler for coming to help!). We’re still waiting for a load of furniture (thanks Dad and Deb!) and some new carpet, so things are in a bit of disarray. In fact, most of my clothes are still packed in one massive box. But our dresser won’t be here until Tuesday, so I’m surviving on skirts and paint clothes.
Anyway, I promise I’ll come back with some fun DIY projects soon. Actually, I’m already cooking up a few about organizing closets and craft rooms (because that’s my life right now).
Hope all of you have a wonderful Easter weekend!